Get your Striso board now on Kickstarter!Kickstarter campaign running from May 1st till May 30th.
Nearly funded! Don’t miss it!
The Striso board is an expressive MIDI controller which combines multidimensionally sensitive buttons with an innovative new note layout. The buttons capture each subtle finger movement, which allows for levels of musical expression previously only known to acoustic instruments.
The innovative new note layout makes the player feel more connected to the music. While the piano layout has been the most popular layout for a long time, its uneven pitch distances make it difficult to comprehend musical patterns. Putting the notes in the same key close to each other and making every musical interval always the same shape gives a better understanding of the music, makes it fun to explore chords and melodies and makes it easier to improvise.
The buttons each sense the finger pressure, left-right and back-forth movement in very high resolution. An integrated motion sensor senses the instrument movement and rotation, giving additional possibilities for musical expression. Combined with an MPE enabled synthesizer this opens up enormous amounts of possibilities for sound control and musical performance.
- 61 soft silicone pressure and direction sensitive note buttons (3.7 octaves)
- Scanning rate: 1200Hz
- Touch sensitivity range: 70g – 700g
- 4 extra buttons for glissando, octave switching and settings
- Motion sensing: 3D rotation and acceleration, sent over MIDI at 100Hz
- Polyphony: 15 notes with MPE
- Tuning: uses polyphonic pitch bends and hence works with any MPE synth
- Dimensions: 192x174x26mm, 425g
- Power: USB, 5V 100mA
- Connection: MIDI over USB, with 3 MIDI modes:
- MPE, one note per channel
- normal, with pitch bend, modulation and polyphonic aftertouch
- monophonic, with glissando
- Firmware: Open Source firmware